Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wanted for sequestering - Vlad's pal's yacht
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 23:35:06 +0000

I went for a walk down by Dun Laoghaire today and was looking at yachts
when I thought of this one.
Summer '19, I was in Juan-les-Pins in the south of France and took this
photo of the superyacht Eclipse owned by Putin's pal Roman Abramovich,
an oligarch who has finally just been sanctioned by the tardy Boris
Johnson's government.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/France/Cote+dAzur+2019/Cap+d_Antibes+Eclipse+in+Golfe+Juan.jpg.html

The yacht is currently in the Caribbean, but was moored a good bit off
Cap d'Antibes where I took the shot, so it looks almost small, but it
certainly isn't. It's over 500 feet long, was built by Blohm & Voss who
built the Bismarck, and is fitted with a mini submarine for quick
escapes, military level radar, missiles, helicopters, and cost a pretty
penny. Unfortunately, those pennies appear to have come from a dirty source.

I only had my Fuji X100S with me, so a 23mm lens didn't exactly cut the
mustard.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Wanted for sequestering - Vlad's pal's yacht)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Wanted for sequestering - Vlad's pal's yacht)