Subject: [Leica] Thanksgiving
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 15:33:41 -0600

What I was trying to say is that we can not change the past.  Smallpox,
measles, polio, river blindness are largely diseases of the past.  More
people on the planet are getting enough to eat than ever before.  Because
of the pandemic we can do more from remote locations than ever before;
people can work from where they live for organisations continents away.  We
can speak to our children and family with video even if they are thousands
of miles away.

We can learn from what our ancestors did and change our behaviors to
advance the cause of being civilized.  But, there are so many things to be
thankful for in the present that surely we can take one day and reflect on
the abundance that most/all on this list are covered in.

Tomorrow we can revel in what people in the past did to each other in a
most negative way.

All the best to each and everyone.