Subject: [Leica] Thanksgiving
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 07:07:52 +0100

The ambivalence is not about our riches today but the historical background
for the holiday. What we are celebrating is a Disneyfied version of the
story of the arrival of the European settlers in North America. The reality
is genocide committed on Native Americans. It is for the same reason that I
have a deep distaste for Spain?s national day, D?a de la Hispanidad on 12
October, what is known as Columbus Day in the US (this distaste is shared by
many of my Spanish friends, BTW).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman