Subject: [Leica] Orbital Fracture
From: leland.deane at gmail.com (Leland Deane)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 19:17:45 -0400

Tina,
I'm a plastic surgeon, so this is my stock and trade.
Orbital floor fracture treatment depends, like a lot of things, on the
degree of severity.
The classification of these fractures is related to 1. the size of the
floor defect/fracture, 2. the amount of 'descent' of the tissues and 3. any
entrapment of the orbital contents (fat or muscle).
The window for repair is usually in the first two weeks.
See a board-certified plastic surgeon or 'oculo-plastic' surgeon (the
latter is an ophthalmologic specialty.
Hope this helps.
Leland Deane

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Orbital Fracture)