Subject: [Leica] Tuesday Trees
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 02:41:02 -0500

Greetings to all.  Maybe ten years ago Texas had a severe drought.  Adapted
trees to this climate did not do well and many thousand Post Oak trees
died.  Fortunately, texans found a good way to make use of this valuable
wood after it had dried.  Currently, in central Texas post oak is the
preferred wood for BBQ brisket:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/Post+oak+making+BBQ.jpg.html

Down by the lake there is a preferred spot where children and turtles have
agreed to meet up for fun feeding turtles.  The children find the roots a
good place to stand:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/roots+worn+where+children+stand+to+feed+turtles.jpg.html

In the spirit of the sixties we find a ponytail:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/ponytail.jpg.html

I keep working on crepemyrtles:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/crepemyrtle+forest.jpg.html

Far from east Texas swamps we still find very happy cypress trees:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/cypress+line+by+the+lake.jpg.html

Someone had the idea that digging out a stump was a lot of work and trading
time for work was a good idea:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Tuesday+Trees/helping+nature+along.jpg.html

All the best.

--