Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bumble Bee With Unusual Markings
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 14:02:22 -0500

By noon, the Rose of Sharon blooms were about half closed, but a few
bees were still working. I caught this large black bee departing a
partially closed bloom.? As I looked at the image on my computer screen,
I realized that the markings were unusual. It was not a Carpenter Bee,
our most common variety, but was thin-waisted and had two thin, fuzzy
yellow bands on the abdomen.? Searches online were not helpful.? I
assume it is some form of Bumble Bee, but the name eludes me.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210818-P8180301-Enhanced.JPG.html

X-E1 with 50-200 and monopod.

--
Jim Nichols