Subject: [Leica] Question about RAW converters
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 05:54:25 +0200

I have upgraded my Fuji X-E2 camera to the X-E3. I like the E cameras for
travelling because they are smaller and lighter than the X-T2, and I am
going to Poland tomorrow. As is my habit with new equipment, I tested the
camera by taking some pictures around Alicante, and last night I started up
Lightroom and imported the RAW files?except that I didn?t! I still use the
last non-subscription version of Lightroom, version 6.7, and it cannot
import the RAW files from this camera. As far as I can see, I have two main

1) Bite the bullet and sign up for one of Adobe?s monthly plans. This is
something I hate and I will only do it in extremis.
2) Find a separate RAW converter, use it to convert the RAW files to TIFF
and then read the TIFF files into Lightroom.

This is what I did last night?I downloaded some RAW converter from fuji.com
<http://fuji.com/> and now I have the files in Lightroom. My question now
is: what is the best stand-alone RAW converter for Fuji X RAW files? I know
many use Capture One, but it is not cheap, and it is more of a full-fledged
editor, designed to replace rather than supplement Lightroom. What I want is
a simple, good converter that I can use as an intermediate step to create
files that Lightroom can digest, but continue to do all the editing in
Lightroom.

What are my options?

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Question about RAW converters)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] Question about RAW converters)