Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bees and Butterflies
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 14:28:35 -0500

Between 90 deg. temperatures and a sudden shower, I managed to tour the
yard for bees and butterflies.? (Don't overlook that a 72 deg. camera
lens will take about ten minutes to warm up and clear the fog when taken
outdoors.)? A few Carpenter Bees were busy on the Rose of Sharon. This
one took a quick break in the heat.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210726-P7269877-Enhanced.JPG.html

Skippers come in many varieties. This one was enjoying the Buddleia blooms.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210726-P7269893-Enhanced.JPG.html

The American Snout butterfly has a colorful black and orange top side
and a dull gray underside.? I failed to get a sharp photo of the top,
but did find a cooperative one that showed me the underside while
resting on my Wintergreen-infested fence.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210726-P7269902-Enhanced.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA