Subject: [Leica] Kentmere 400
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:15:35 +0200
References: <CABmfTOUzvvWVVUN3O_AoScR4tWOK95ZHOgOTdL4C1MYGJufHig@mail.gmail.com> <2D7C6496-394D-4C92-B9F4-22497A6E0974@mac.com> <CABmfTOWmLXRjDL2KAMnqmwyY7Ff8siaix22LopegKegg4fkyOg@mail.gmail.com> <F9D65964-865B-4BC8-9410-7E34B8DEF0F9@gmail.com> <CABmfTOULveCzNJKFVcdJTS1Weh8m-KY7Sie6E8Qg8zPrA7g6rw@mail.gmail.com> <E609C261-FAA8-41B6-BCB6-A1D9672F3DA1@gmail.com> <CABmfTOXg9c-s93pa6AjYeCEB1esvdE+U+buB0bMP2reAbiD=_Q@mail.gmail.com>

Hi Marty,

Plus X was my favorite film, unfortunately it is not more available, I?ve
shoot my last Plus X films I think in 2014. Three years ago I?ve used
Eastman Double XX, it works well at ISO 250, acceptable grain, the B&W is
nice but in my opinion it is a film with more contrast and more grain than
Plus X, I?ve developed it with X-Tol 1:1 and 1:3, but I?ve not tried D-23 or
D-76. The film I?ve tested and I loved the results was Oriental Seagull, it
is or was available in ISO 100 and 400 developed in D-23 1:1, it was
excellent but it is a film hard to find, I don?t remember where I?ve
purchased it, I remember it was in e-Bay, I think you can find it in Buyee,
I?ve read somewhere that it was manufactured by Hartmann? I do not
understand if Hartman made this film for selling only in China, HK? In my
opinion there are only a few film manufacturers in the World and many
commercial brand names have the same origin: Kodak, Ilford (Hartman), Fuji,
Adox, Foma. The photographic paper is still worst, there is a while Adox
don?t deliver FB paper, Oriental Seagull is available only in Japan and very
expensive, Ilford is in my opinion the only good surviver, and Foma if you
like it.

Lluis