Subject: [Leica] Leica 135mm Apo Telyt M
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 07:41:46 -1000

Just received a 135 Tele Elmar F4 which I am going to test vs a Apo Telyt.?
Erwin rated my new lens really close to the APO.? I will find out.....

I did find the 135 Hektor to be a worthy adversary to the modern glass in
the center,? But the corners were terrible.

I have been comparative testing M lenses for some time.? Leica old vs Leica
new, Leica vs Nikon, Leica vs Chinese, Leica vs Cult lens.

I have NEVER had an instance when the MODERN Leica lens lost to any other
lens.? Older Leica lenses do differ in optical performance, but the newer
ones are pretty spectacular.? The 135 Apo Telyt is one of the best.? The 50
Summilux ASPH is THE best.

I define BEST as the top resolving lens, at distance, not close up, and at
center especially, usually at F5.6-8.? I do not care about so called
distortion, as I am a primarily landscape person.? I use my trusty Sony
A7rii as the test camera.

Best lenses, EVER.? But also, the most expensive.? My quest is to get 90% of
the performance ( still better than anything else) at 10-25% of the cost.
( I found the 7Artisans 50mm f1.1 was a replacement for the Noctilux.)

I only wish that the camera bodies were as feature loaded as the lenses are
good.? The lack of IBIS is ridiculous in the M line.? The lack of an EVF
is as ridiculous.? I lust for a SL2 with a M mount up front and microprisms
over the sensor.? It is not rocket science.? Just good features and the
desire to fulfill a market niche.
( remember the Digi-M body without the back LCD at a higher cost?? Talk
about niche cameras!)

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com