Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 04:53:35 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week will be a bit of a clean up.  These are
sequential images taken as I was working on a mosaic charity project.  So
some of these images are mosaics in or near the proposed installation
site.  But as you walk around you see other items.

First we have an advertisement for a custom boot shop:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/boot+company+signage.jpg.html

Found on a shed in the neighborhood:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/abstract+chickens+on+a+shed.jpg.html

On a major surface street some property holder took the bribe and is a
billboard:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Best+in+Show.jpg.html

Finally we find a mosaic.  This is the original "Torchy's" which has become
a major toco emporium although this site is now closed.  It is where future
President Obama kicked off campaigning in Texas:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Damn+Good.jpg.html

A nicely done tag that covers about 50 feet of fence:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/random+tag+on+contested+lot.jpg.html

This retaining wall is just outside my neighborhood.   About a decade ago
the students at this center were encouraged to make a mural on this
retaining wall.  For some idea of size this only what I could get in from
the curb with a 14mm lens on a full frame:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/outreach+center+mosaic+project.jpg.html

See you next week.

--
Don