Subject: [Leica] the 35 f2 tta asph is freaking astounding
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 14:02:34 -0500

This should be a discussion of appropriate tool for the job/budget.  Jim
found a lens that duplicates the look of the original 35 Summicron for a
good price and no issues of 70 years of use or storage.  Mark finds the
performance/cost ratio spectacular for the TT lenses.  I find joy in using
old slightly beat up lenses that don't perform anything like current lenses
but have the proverbial "character".

Some might have issues supporting certain countries but that should be a
personal decision and not especially broadcast to a non political group.
There are plenty of places for politics, hopefully not here.

I appreciate the heads up on something new that might be a tool that
provides a solution for a problem I might have: it's not likely with my
current battery of lenses but you never know unless the option is
revealed.  If the tool doesn't do anything for you my grandparents advice
perhaps should be followed.

Truly, all the best.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 7:35 PM Mark Kronquist via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>