Subject: [Leica] Picking up old lenses
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 13:44:51 +0100

I have to agree. I tend to normally do street shooting and am happy with
a good 50mm or 35mm on my Sony, but sometimes occasionally I do need
longer lenses or even macros. However, I have a collection of various
lenses picked up over the years, but find many of them give
unsatisfactory performances using the five different Fotodiox adapters I
have - Leica, M42, Pentax K, Miranda and Olympus. I've more or less
written off Pentax, but find the M42 fine.

Here's a pic using my old Pentacon 135/2.8 (first series) on my Sony A7II.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Oddments/Pentacon+f2point8+135mm+First+Series+test+at+2point8+from+7+metres.jpg.html

This is a test shot of focus from seven metres away on Aldi lettering on
top of an aluminium pole at f2.8 ISO 100 1/250s No sharpening done or
resizing from 6000x4000. File size reduced from 10.7MB to 757kb only.?
Zoom in on the pole to see definition.

While this lens combo works, many others are very poor, and inevitably
I'll probably have to buy Sony E mount lenses.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Picking up old lenses)
Reply from bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Picking up old lenses)