Subject: [Leica] Sunset in Western New York
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 14:28:21 +0200

Hi Chris,

Yes, I lived in Buffalo in 1979-80 and again 1983-84. It is the place where
I met my wife (at the university, in 1979). I visited it a few years ago,
when my son (who now lives in NJ) was working for a company in Orchard Park.
It was fun and a bit nostalgic to drive around and see the old places. The
university campus was closed but a friendly security guard let us in so we
could see the dorm where we lived that year.

I guess Buffalo is similar to Ft. Wayne in the way you describe, although it
is considerably bigger. But yes, when I lived there the downtown was quite
run down, it is a lot nicer now. If you can cope with the winters, Buffalo
is a very liveable city. And Canada is right next door.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"