Subject: [Leica] All shot up
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:46:55 -0500

Thanks, Brian. That?s fascinating, in a macabre and ironic way. I?m sorry
you had to be the central actors in this remarkable occurrence. It does seem
clear that you both were exposed on your pharmacy visit. I?m glad to read
how well you?re doing. My wife and I completed our doses two weeks ago today
without drama (except for spending 4.5h in the drive-thru queue for the
second dose).

This anecdote is worth communicating to the other members of the COVID-19
for Physicians group for their edification. If you?ll permit, I?ll post it
verbatim without any identifying information, except for referring to you
both as being of an age to qualify for vaccination. I?ll be happy to share
with you any constructive comments that it might give rise to. I suspect
that at least some commenters will feel that the pen was probably not the
culprit, as fomites seem to be far less important in SARS-CoV-2 transmission
than the airborne route. OTOH, if mutual masking is 90% effective in
preventing airborne transmission, there was less than a 1% chance that both
of you behind masks would have gotten infected from a common source, so who
knows?

What have you been advised about receiving a second dose? I can put that
question to the group as well.

?howard