Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/2/2021: bicycle ride with art
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 06:27:43 +0100

I cycled to Jijona yesterday, a moderate ride of about 45 km in total,
climbing up to 470 meters where the town is located. The day was strangely
hazy, the sun could barely be seen. It turns out that the culprit is not the
typical morning haze we sometimes have in the winter, but dust that has been
carried up here from the Sahara desert by the southerly winds and is now
suspended in the air over us before it falls down and changes the colour of
our cars and houses, temporarily. A bit of a nuisance, except that it
provided some nice, soft light for my photos this weekend.

At the beginning of the ride, on a rather boring main road, I noticed
something that looked like proper street art on the otherwise
uninterestingly tagged underpass wall:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xKSwwxw/A

Once I arrived in Jijona, I discovered to my surprise that the towns famous
outdoor nativity scene, which is usually taken down shortly after Three
Kings? Day in January, was still on display. I have no idea why it has been
left for several additional weeks, must be Covid-related in some way. But no
matter; I was happy to be able to shoot some photos of it in this soft light
rather than the bright sunshine which is the more usual type of light and
which generates harsh shadows and blocked highlights. Three images.

The overall setting:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-GtWjhD3/A

The centerpiece:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-sXLh6VL/A

A shepherd. This is one of those images where in bright sun the detail in
the sheep tends to disappear:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-rmjFg9h/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/2/2021: bicycle ride with art)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/2/2021: bicycle ride with art)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/2/2021: bicycle ride with art)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/2/2021: bicycle ride with art)