Subject: [Leica] Shocking: MM images do not look like film!
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 13:42:39 -0400

Another issue here (which Tina alludes to) is that we don't quite yet
understand the perception of sharpness & detail (among others, I'm sure).
Adding some 'grain' digitally sometimes makes images look sharper or more
detailed, for instance. We are not locked in to Leica's or Adobe's
definitions of these properties, but we can use their tools to arrive at
our own, the ones most pleasing to us.

Message from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] Shocking: MM images do not look like film!)
Message from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] Shocking: MM images do not look like film!)