Subject: [Leica] Hypothetical... M10 B+W.. Would you buy one?
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:56:28 -0500

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Tim Gray <tgray at 125px.com> wrote:

>  what difference does it make to you?

Tim, the question was,
"M10 B+W.. Would you buy one?"Not:  "What difference does it make to me if
other people buy them?"

I too think techniques of desaturation currently used are more than
adequate for what we can output at this time.

However, as I have some many times said before, when I was a kid shooting
in Germany in 1959, color was a great luxury for me.

 I squirreled away Kodachrome for my Holidays, because it was so much more
expensive than tri-x bulk loaded and processed at the base hobby shop.

I'll rarely make a picture BW, and when I do, you can be sure that the
color balance was impossible to fix.

I then tone it sepia.

When BW-CN films came out, I flirted with them some, mainly because of the
immense latitude and fine grain of those films, and the ease of processing.

But now, I shoot everything in color, looking for the light.

Did you know Sushi is colorful?
And Scotch is not clear?
(Neither is Irish nor Welsh nor Bourbon.)

So guess what my answer might be to the question.  (answer: Price is no
object, I still would not buy it.)

--
Regards,

Sonny