Subject: [Leica] IMG: Foothill Park
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Michiel,
Not an Arcbody. They have their own set of lenses and don't accept regular V
lenses.
I use down to the 40mm on the Flexbody. Have the 50 too. Both weigh a ton!!
So
I'll cover the same FOV with panning and stitching.

But your question does raise a problem I've got, which maybe someone can
help
with.
With a 40 or 50 you can use tilt to get extreme foreground and background in
view. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that with stitching
with
the 80. If I put the back in the extreme down shifted position and use tilt
bring the top of the image seen into focus at the same time the bottom of
the
image is in focus fine. But then when I shift the back up to get more
coverage
of the foreground that tilt configuration doesn't work. Everything is OOF.
So do
I have to refocus and re-tilt? That would be a bummer because things (e.g.,
clouds) move. Taking off the dig back, putting on the GG back, re-focusing,
and
then taking the GG back off and putting the digi-back on; phew! Lots of
time...

Anyone think of another way?
Thanks,
Bob