Subject: [Leica] Seagate - again
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 15:37:26 -0500

Tina,

I use a different system now after one of my Western Digital 120GB
drives had a similar problem, the USB connector wasn't broken like
your's but it got 'flaky' and wouldn't always get a good connection.
So I took a different route and started backing up all my data on a
Sandisk 32GB flash drive. I would transfer the data to ALL my
computers, all running Windows (gasp), 3 at the office not including a
portable Acer Aspire One. I would then physically carry the Acer and
the flash drive home and transfer the data to my home laptop (HP) via
USB. If figure one or maybe two Windows systems may go down at the
same time, but not FIVE. Safety in numbers. And if one of my USB ports
goes flaky I still have at least three on each machine, more on the
towers. So far no problems.

Jim