Subject: [Leica] M8 Scare
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Feb 7 00:16:16 2008

LUG:

My husband is very frugal (some would say cheap!) and instead of
paying a bellboy to carry our luggage, we always carry it
ourselves.  In the lobby of the hotel in Agra, I was taking my
backpack off and snagged the M8 hanging from my shoulder.  It flew
forcefully across the room, hitting the marble floor and sliding
about 6 feet.  I was scared to pick it up, but it landed on the
baseplate and everything seems fine.  After all of the bad reports
about the M8, I thought you might want to hear something good!  I
also updated the firmware here in India and it worked perfectly.  My
photos of the Taj Mahal, such as they are, are up on the blog.   I'd
appreciate any comments!

Until I get e-mail again -

Tina

Tina Manley