Subject: [Leica] OT: large print output service?
From: deroulhac at cox.net (Greg de Roulhac)
Date: Tue Mar 20 09:22:06 2007

Richard,

Having been a pre-digital lab owner for 12 years, I would advise that
you purchase the large format printer for your own use and not
attempt to cover the costs by operating a digital printing service.
While it may seem like a simple proposition, operating a print
production service is not as straight forward as it looks on paper.
Dealing with folks who want their work printed is a demanding job.
You will not be able to satisfy them by just running the files
through the machine.  Also keep in mind that many people who order
large prints want them mounted.

If the purchase/operating cost is too steep to justify for your
personal use, go into a partnership with someone else who needs a
large format printer.

Best Regards,

Greg de Roulhac
deroulhac@cox.net