Subject: [Leica] Re: Pen F lenses on the 330
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Jun 8 07:25:44 2006

Olympus made an adapter to use the OM lenses on the Pen. I have one.
There were several aftermarket adapters to use other full size SLR
lenses on this petite 1/2 frame camera. But it works only one way
because of the relative short lens flange to film distance of the Pen.
To the best of my knowledge there was no Pen to LTM adapter that would
permit infinity focus.

The flange to sensor distance of the 4/3 system is 38.67 mm. The
distance for the Oly Pen is 28.95 mm. That for the Olympus OM series is
46.0 mm. And of course the distance for the Leica M is 27.8 mm and the
Leica screw is 28.8 mm. This means that an adapter can be constructed
for the 4/3 system for any lens with a flange to film distance of 38.67
mm or greater. This includes lenses for the OM cameras and most others
built for full frame SLR cameras but obviously not the Leica or Pen
lenses. So all of us who fantasized about using our Leica RF lenses on
a 4/3 system, whether made by Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji, Kodak, or
Leica, are out of luck.

Larry Z