Subject: The state of PJ Today - was: BD's Re: [Leica] So for... -
From: gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sun May 7 13:35:25 2006

> It's impossible to make a living as a photojournalist these
> days.  Publishers require PJs to sign contracts which hand over all
> rights to their photos and they will only hire young, recent
> graduates who don't require a lot of benefits.  There are too many
> young graduates who are so happy to see their work in print and their
> byline, that they don't think about the future and they give their
> work away.  Many very good photojournalists have become wedding
> photographers.  This is a topic that is being discussed now on the
> NPPA (National Press Photographers Association) list.
>
> Tina

 Whilst, sadly, I have to agree with you on a day-to-day basis, there
are still some great photojournalists out there who produce superb
images under extremely arduous conditions. We must not lose sight of
their work by writing them off.

Gerry
--
Gerry Walden LBPPA
Web: www.gwpics.com

Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) (The state of PJ Today - was: BD's Re: [Leica] So for... -)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) (The state of PJ Today - was: BD's Re: [Leica] So for... -)