Subject: [Leica] Re: Leicas vs. cars
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon May 1 13:54:17 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 11:17 AM, Joseph wrote:

> If I had a choice I would trade trade cheap Leica for cheap cars - as a
> 'petrolhead' I would be a lot happier paying US car prices and would
> not
> mind suffering US Leica prices :-)

So would I. The average age of my collection of Leicas is about 50
years. The newest is a CL I bought 25 years ago. On the other hand, the
average age of the cars that *I own is 2.5 years. My amortized cost of
Leica ownership per year is less than $100. Only my accountant knows
the true cost of my car ownership per year and keeps it from me so as
not to cause too much distress.

Larry Z