Subject: [Leica] no film in a decade
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Sat Jan 21 19:12:30 2006

on 1/21/06 2:30 PM, Slobodan Dimitrov at s.dimitrov@charter.net wrote:

> An extension of my point is that once corporate support for a product
> starts to diminish, it's not just the item itself that becomes
> endangered, but the host of support industry around it also disappears.
> So, it's not just the camera body, or film itself, that is a source
> of concern.
> There is also the photo industry's lobbying efforts which supports
> the hobby and amateur user. When that's gone, see if you'll be able
> to process film, or print, as a home activity!

Huh? I can still enroll at Camp Tintype...

Please I can still purchase F A C T O  R Y spooled 126 and 127 film. Bald
Mountain will still fix my old folder (why???) and folks will still process
C22 and such.

As long as there is money to be made there are those who will offer the
product or service to meet demand. Will every 7-11 have TXP no. Film will be
right next to oil paints and water color paper in fine art stores or in
oasis like Blue Moon Camera (www.bluemooncamera.com)