Subject: [Leica] was Nikon film cameras now 1927 negatives
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 12 11:07:05 2006

I rest Don's Case!

http://www.nsula.edu/watson_library/1927/

Regards,

Sonny

In a message dated 1/12/2006 12:50:44 P.M. Central  Standard Time,
don.dory@gmail.com writes:
The second example is a roll of 6X9  negatives that my grandmother had kept
from her mothers family.  They  were images from just before to just after
the 1927 flood on the  Mississippi.  The just before images show boats on the
river at the very  top of the levee, possibly fifty feet above flood stage at
that  location.  The following images are of ten feet of water as far as  the
eye can see lapping at the porch of the plantation house. (When that  house
was built they respected the river and built anything of real  importance way
above ground)

Today, those images will be at best on a  hard drive in some landfill.  Like
Sonny, I am shooting film and  labeling negatives.  When I move to the dM I
will have to print far more  than I do now.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] was Nikon film cameras now 1927 negatives)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] was Nikon film cameras now 1927 negatives)