Subject: [Leica] OT: famous female Leica photographers
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Jun 11 03:23:11 2005

Without wanting to kick of the arguments about her political leanings
again, Leni Riefenstahl is probably the most (in)famous. Whatever you
may think of  her political couleur she was still an excellent photographer.

I believe Karen Szekessy may belong to this illustrious few too,then
there's that NY lady , whose name escapes me at the moment, Bettina
Rheims? Maybe quite a few others too.

The avantgarde and "Moderne" art scenes brought forth quite a few well,
and lesser, known names. I believe they all used Leicas at some time in
their careers.
Lee Miller, Gis?le Freund, Berenice Abott, Marianne Breslauer, Florence
Henri, Germaine Krull, Claude Cahun, R? Soupault, Dora Maar, Ilse Bing,
  Lisa Schlansker Kolosek and Th?r?se Bonney.
There are doubtless many more.
Douglas