Subject: [Leica] Wal-Mart and copyrite policies
From: ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves)
Date: Wed Jun 8 05:59:34 2005

Wal-Mart is certainly capable of coming up with some ridiculous
policies. i ran across this about a year age when I went to buy some
lithium batteries for a wireless alarm system. I needed about a dozen
so I picked up six packs of two. At checkout, I was informed that the
computer would only let me buy 3 packages of lithium batteries. i
asked the manager why, and was told that lithium batteries are used
as an ingredient in making methamphetamine, and with the epidemic of
meth labs in the rural south,Wal-Mart limits you  to 3 packages.I was
told that no one could possibly need so many batteries and there was
no way to override this policy. I could have bought 3 8-packs of AA
lithiums, but only 3 2-packs of CR2. So i canceled my purchase and
went to Office Depot. This sort of nonsense seems to be their
corporate ides of "social responsibility".

Allen