Subject: [Leica] EOS>R adapter advice
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 26 09:07:31 2004

Doug Nygren  asked and said:

> For Christmas I received an adapter to fit my Leica R-lenses on my Canon
> EOS 1-N body.
> > I haven't developed my first roll of film with it yet. Maybe tonight.
> > What have others on the lug experiened using this system?
> The light meter appears to work. I haven't tested to see if there is any
> change. I also don't know what to expect in terms of sharpness.
> > Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.<,

Hi Doug,
I recently acquired 3 Stephen Gandy LEICA-EOS adapters for several of my
Leica R lenses for use on the 20D. As far as I'm concerned everything is
A-OK! ;-) The Leica glass on the 20D appears to be a different cut of image
than EOS lenses I have, certainly on the positive side. Now don't read into
it, that the EOS lenses don't do an equal cut, they do. Particularly the
10-22,  (16-35 film) equivalent is an amazing lens.

In my work, of course depending on subject, I shoot more towards wide open.
Therefore I used the Leica glass  manual focus on the 20D where exposures
and focus points have been right on the mark!  It includes following
lenses... R.. 50 1.4, 21-35 zoom, 35-70 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 100 macro, 280
2.8, also with the 1.4 X extender. I see no reason why you shouldn't have
similar success.

ted