Subject: [Leica] I need a cheap film camera
From: jklu at sas.upenn.edu (Jeffrey Lu)
Date: Tue Oct 5 23:38:15 2004

Bob,

Good point. the FM is definitely professional grade, though personally,
I don't like to use the label "pro camera."  I used to be intimidated
by them before I really got into photography; when I did, I came to see
such cameras as enthusiast cameras, for those serious about the
pleasures of manual rewinding, film advancing, etc, just like those of
gear shifting.

Certainly a classic Porsche would be better classified as an enthusiast
car than a beginner's car, but it can serve as a great beginner's car
(funds allowing) in that it'll teach the true basics of driving.  Same
for the FM and photography.  The beauty is its relative price!

Jeff