Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 40 and more: Photokina 2004
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Oct 3 12:32:19 2004

This week's PAW could only be one thing: the day I spent at Photokina
yesterday. Going to Photokina is a fixture of my life in the
even-numbered years. The excuse is to go and see all the new goodies,
but in reality the main reason I go is to meet with friends from the
LUG/LEG and from the Viewfinders photo club in Brussels. So from
yesterday's excursion, I have selected a few images for the PAW. I have
also put up a larger (31 images) Photokina gallery at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexkina.html

But here are the PAWs. As I said, meeting old friends is the main
purpose. So the main image is Tom Abrahamsson at lunch outside the
Cologne catherdral:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_40.jpg

And here is Tom, pronouncing on some undoubtedly weighty subject:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_40alt1.jpg

Knowing about Tom's health problems the past few years, it was great to
see him in fine form. Except for a problem with his leg (which I am sure
feels serious to him), his good humour, wit and kindness have not been
impacted by the illness and subsequent treatment.

 From the Leica stand, a father introduces his son to the Leica faith:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_40alt2.jpg

This girl spent at least 20 minutes examining the R8 and talking the
Leica guy. Maybe there is still hope?
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_40alt3.jpg

Finally, another couple of images from the Leica shooting gallery. This
couple intrigued me because he was obviously interested in the hardware,
  while she was clearly just there to please him and did her best to
appear interested:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_40alt4.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_40alt5.jpg

Lest the purists jump on me, Alt2, Alt4 and Alt5 were taken with a Leica
lens (look below the thumbnail table to see the details).

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands