Subject: [Leica] OT: Bronica SLR finished
From: richard at ogdenonline.co.uk (Richard Ogden)
Date: Sun Oct 3 03:46:06 2004

Michiel Fokkema wrote:
> Not a SLR, but I did buy a new 100mm for my secondhand RF645.
> Strange enough is that this 100mm costs EUR800 in Europe, but in the USA
> I got it for $500,-. This is a huge difference. Don't the Bronica guys
> don't know yet there is something like internet and that we do busiines
> now al around the world?

Sadly, (for those of us in Europe) this is true of most photographic
goods. Regardless of the real exchange rate (currently around $1.8 = ?1)
  the rate when it comes to new photo equipment is closer to $1 = ?1.
For example, a new Lowepro backpack costs ?99 in the UK - I bought mine
on a visit to the US for $109.

> BTW: the RF645 is an awesome camera, especcially when you like RF's and
> do most of your shooting in portrait.
>
> Michiel

Couldn't agree more - the body + 65mm lens combo has been heavily
discounted in the UK - I bought one last year. The 100mm lens cost me
?395. The results from both lenses are superb and a friend of mine, who
has a Bronica SLR system, is convinced that they are sharper than their
SLR equivalents. Of course, that could be the usual rangefinder benefit
of low vibration as compared to an SLR system.

Richard