Subject: [Leica] carcassone at night...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Sep 25 11:32:17 2004

Steve Barbour showed:

> I added an image to the folder from France...
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-74501.html<

Hi Steve,
Very interesting shot. However a small suggestion.

When shooting this kind of situation try and do the exposure while there's
still some light in the sky behind the castle in this case.  Now I don't
mean right as the sun has gone below the horizon. But when you can still see
some light as this helps lift the outline of the building or cityscape clean
from the background rather than being completely black as here.

This is particularly important when shooting colour. Besides the faint light
in the sky area keeps life in that area rather  than dead black.  Other than
for that for next time, it's well done.
ted

Replies: Reply from joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti) ([Leica] carcassone at night...)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] carcassone at night...)