Subject: Re: [Leica] The great slide show software search (long)
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:02:45 -0700

I agree with you, Adam.  For video, I pretty much use straight cuts and
that's it.  For slide shows, I can live with just three transitions:
straight cut, crossfade, and fade from black.  All those wipes, push from
side, etc., just detract from the content.  But simple, smooth 1 sec fades
give the presentation a smoother, less jarring feel (assuming, of course,
that's what you want!)

- --Jim