Subject: Re: [Leica] John Bohner's PAW 33-34
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:11:30 -0700

Thanks for the nice comments Sonny.  As to the sobriety pun, we will let
that slide....
The pic is not dark and moody for a reason.  I WAS already moody. As a
child, I was nearly killed
a number of times by adults who thought driving drunk was okay and so
helping at this
sort of event along with not drinking and driving is my way of helping the
next generation.
As to dark.  My most hoped for shot got washed out. A view into the trailer
you see in the
backgroud of the posted image where one is taken for beathalyzer or urine
testing once arrested.
A citizen was in there, head hung low...You get the image...I didn't. I was
also sensitive to not getting recognizable faces on detaines for legal
paranoia reasons.
	The perception at the scene is of great brightness although its not very
bright
photographically.  Thus I tried to render it bright. Its not as sharp as I
would like
being hand held around a 1/30 of a second and I was tired from a full day
of my real job!
The light concentrates along a line where cars are stopped and drivers
questioned.
This is for police safety and so they can see into cars for alcohol
containers.  You learn
alot watching your local police arrest your neighbors!

Regards - John
http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/index.htm