Subject: [Leica] PAW Getting Caught Up 33-34
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:01:38 -0700

While I have been photgraphing a bit, posting has been another matter.
So, here we belatedly have weeks 33 and 34.
http://home.earthlink.net/~johnbohner/analog/paw/index.htm
Comments are welcome as always

Week 33 started as a mundane shoot the sunset. While standing there a
couple walked past and the man glanced at me and smiled.  A few minutes
later I noticed he had taken up residence at the rail and was enthusastically
kissing his date. He face to me, she facing the sunset.  As I moved in
to get some more shots he clearly was getting a kick out of being on
camera without her knowing it.  The longer I shot, the more passionate
they became.  I should have moved in closer but my voyuer tendencies
are not that strong.  I moved off and with no audience he calmed down and
they left the pier.  Photography can be fun for everyone!

Week 34 was an experiment.  Tri-X at 800ASA.  The scene - a drunk driving
enforcement operation by my local police departments.  I am a volunteer with
the police and so I went and did some available light as best I could while
doing my job (moving cars once the driver is asked to step out for further
processing). Our models are two California Highway Patrol officers, a local
officer and a young woman who has already failed the initial screening for
driving after drinking. I don't remember how her case turned out but her
circumstances are typical. I did not shoot anyone trying to do the field
sobriety balance / coordination tests as I did'nt want to break their
concentration.
The lighting was harsh, contrasty and I don't own a Noctilux. Anyone who is
interested in how we set up these traffic stops and how they work under our
laws may contact me for details off the list.  I follow the digest.

John
johnbohner@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@gmx.net> (Re: [Leica] John Bohner's PAW 33-34)