Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Color Processing
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 08:58:11 -0700

You quoted times for 100 deg F processing.

Times for both 100 deg and 86 deg are given in the instructions.

I process at 86 deg F (30 deg C) because:

1.) it is easier to to maintain that temperture
2.) it is cheaper to maintain that temperature
3.) it keeps your darkroom cooler
4.) 8 minutes in the developer will give completely consistent and even
processing results.

Kodak has always said "Development times shorter than 4 minutes may produce
unsatisfactory uniformity"

I chose the easier, cheaper, cooler, more uniform, process times.

Jim