Subject: [Leica] Re: Color Processing
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:33:19 -0700

Process it yourself. It is dirt easy. Two chemicals (developer,
bleach-fix), wash, stabilize (basically photo-flo), and hang to dry. It's
as easy as B&W. 86 deg F. Buy the "Tetenal C-41 5 liter kit." The
instructions tell you how to mix from 500cc to 5 liters so you mix only
what you need. It is all liquid. You mix it at the temperature that you are
going to use it.

This is one of the reasons that I shoot Kodak T400CN so much is that
processing it is so simple. I don't have to say... "let me see now... D76
1:1, or Rodinal 1:100, or Xtol 1:3, or Rodinal 1:50, or Xtol 1:1, or, or,
or..."

It's just C41 soup! 8 min dev, 6 min blix, 6 min wash, 1 min stabilize,
hang to dry.

Jim