Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford delta 100 dev. suggestions
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:04:42 -0700

><Snip>
>
> Currently I have got much less time for photo chemistry, and I go for the
> same thing as you do - developer dilution. Only one problem arises then -
> how to avoid streaks on negatives.
>
> But then - Delta is a tricky film for me.
>
> Martin

Martin I don't dilute to the point where streaking is an issue.
Hate to get that once in a lifetime shot ruined. I like consistency.
So with Xtol I do 1:3. D76 I did 1:2. Rodinal i did 1:100 or 1:75.
I tried higher dilutions than dilution B way back of HC-110 like Ansel was
supposed to of but got streaking.
All my results from that developer were from terrible to barely passable.

So i just dilute as much as i can safely. And i try not to hurt anybody.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/