Subject: Re: [Leica] Re- new aviation rules
From: "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:10:20 -0400

Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> The security measures are mainly intended to calm the
> passengers. That's all there is to it. If someone really
> wants to do something bad on board, he will find a way.
> A ceramic knife is easy to smuggle on board... A friend
> of mine discovered that she had forgotten a rather big
> pocket knife in her handbag on a flight from Montreal to
> Paris last friday.... Security? What security???

In 1988 I flew to New York from Tel Aviv, Israel, on El Al, probably the
most security conscious airline there is, with four live bullets in my
carry-on bag. I'd found 'em in a field outside Jerusalem and had forgotten
they were in the bag. The bag went through X-ray in Tel Aviv and no-one
noticed, or if they did they certainly said & did nothing about it.

- -Dave-