Subject: Re: [Leica] Re- new aviation rules
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 03:00:08 +0200

le 19.09.2001 20:33, Adam Bridge à abridge@mac.com a écrit :

> I'm unwilling to give up "convenience" for the sake of a very very tiny
> incremental increase in alleged security.
>
> If you wanted to have a "secure" flight you'd require that people strip,
> wear airline provided coveralls, be shackled in their seats and full body
> x-rayed. In other words treated like carrying high-risk criminals.
>
> Clearly that extreme does not make sense.
>
> High heel shoes are weapons. Should they be banned?
> Ball point pens?
> Paper clips?
> How about that little screw driver you use to adjust your glasses?
> A metal cola can can be ripped to make a lethal edge.

The security measures are mainly intended to calm the passengers. That's all
there is to it. If someone really wants to do something bad on board, he
will find a way. A ceramic knife is easy to smuggle on board... A friend of
mine discovered that she had forgotten a rather big pocket knife in her
handbag on a flight from Montreal to Paris last friday.... Security? What
security???

Tarek

Replies: Reply from "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com> (Re: [Leica] Re- new aviation rules)
Reply from "Paul Jones" <nrg666@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Re- new aviation rules)