Subject: RE: [Leica] Hotel room film processing
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:20:09 -0500

rei,

I gave it some serious consideration once after an X-ray check ruined some
exposed Neopan 1600. They hand checked my film on the outbound, but on the
return they made me put it through x-ray. Only happened one time and I just
happened to have a bunch of high speed film.

I wasn't too happy but people are right when they say it doesn't pay to
argue with airport security. I put the film through thinking it probably
wouldn't cause a problem. Of course, it ruined the best images.

The more I considered the logistics of chemistry, etc., the less excited I
was about developing film on the road. I've taken a darkroom with me when
traveling by car, but never by air.

There's some satisfation in seeing results. Didn't Timothy O'Sullivan travel
the West and shoot some 450 plates only to discover they were all ruined
when he processed them after the journey? A bad batch of albumen? And I
though I faced obstacles. :-)

Dave