Subject: [Leica] A Modest Proposal
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:25:54 -0600

I have just taken delivery of a brand new Rapidwinder from Tom A. and all I
can say is that it is simply marvellous. I never could see the use for one
until I tried it and now I will never use an M without one!

I bought an old brass bodied one from a Leica-User who had switched to the
M-Motor ­ blasphemy :-) ­ and now I have two rapidwinders and only one body.
The early brass bodied Rapidwinders are heavier, have a slightly sloppier
fit to the camera, have a shorter and sharper lever, and, only one tong on
the coupler. It works perfectly and would give one a good idea what it is
like to use a trigger winder on a M camera. It has occurred to me that
others too may be interested in trying before buying and this leads me to:

A Modest Proposal

I will send my old Rapidwinder to any Leica-User for a one week trial. At
the end of the trial, your only obligation is to send it on (insured) to the
next chap(ette) in the line. If you want to buy one, you have to contact Tom
A. ( http://www.rapidwinder.com/ ) as I eventually will want it back for my
next body (please do not mention this part to my long suffering spousal
unit). I would like to start in Canada first and then, after having it
shipped back to me, we can try getting it across the border. My apologises
to other Leica-Users but I will only ship it to Canada or the US for customs
reasons.

Remember only M4-2 and up cameras will work unless you have one that was
converted to use the M-Winder.

If you are interested in trying a Rapidwinder for one week with the proviso
that you ship it insured to the next person on the list or back to me, then
drop me a line.

John Collier

jbcollier@powersurfr.com

Tom A. is not giving me any discounts for this....sigh.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] A Modest Proposal)