Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital/ x ray
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:43:12 -0400

It seems to me that the sensor might be covered with a shield of some sort-
I refer to the old EPROMs I used to use, that were erasble with UV light-
they had a small quarts window over the eletronics.
I would have assumed that the CCD or optical sensors in cameras were in some
way protected in a simaler fashion. Most chips seem to be a die mounted into
a ceramic case, and I would like to think that a similar case would be used
with the camera chip. Perhaps Jim might shed some light on the way these are
made, since he is familiar with the 'bidness'!
Dan