Subject: [Leica] Re: New aviation rules
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:10:31 -0400

Adam,
    Personally, I leave the film in the canisters. It insures they will
remain clean. I have had security people want to open every one of two
hundred rolls of film!!! I politely suggest, since I have nothing to hide,
they just reach in a open only a few. Sometimes it would work, other times
they get tired.
    The main reasons for removing the boxes is one to save space, and two in
some countries film has a very high duty. Sometimes customs officials think
the film is for resale and want a lot of money before they will clear it
through. This has happen to a National Geographic photographer friends of
mine.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA