Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New aviation rules
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:10:29 -0700

on 9/16/01 12:24 PM, Sal DiMarco,Jr. at sdmp007@pressroom.com thoughtfully
wrote:

>   The new regulation still allow hand inspection in the US. I would get to
> the airport early and ask for it. The old rules still apply, use clear
> plastic bags, remove the boxes, etc.
>   Remember, one of two hits from the X-ray machines will not hurt most all
> film, it's the repeated hits that do damage.
>   And, most importantly of all DO NOT argue with the security people.
> Happy Snaps,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm shooting indoors and was planning on using
Delta 3600.

So, just to make sure I understand, it's best to put the film cassettes in a
clear plastic bag, out of their boxes, out of their opaque containers
also??? (I'd like clarification so I do it right).

I figure I'll travel with the cameras unloaded and the film in the plastic
bag so they can x-ray the bag. I'll figure they will just automatically
search it anyway.

I'm just looking for ways to make dealing with the security people easier
for everyone - me, them, the other passengers.

Adam