Subject: Re: [Leica] fog/dust on rangefinder
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 11:22:25 EDT

unless you want to spend major bucks, it is something you have to live with.
The m-3 you have was made in the mid-1950s and age has done its thing. Mine
has started to get a little separation in it as well, but it should hold on
for a long time to come yet.

I wonder, also, if the dimness you note is not because of the problem your
camera has as much as you are comparing it to a new camera with, one assumes,
improved optics in the rangefinder -- better coatings and so forth. The m-6
rangefinder could just be better in that regard, which would mean that even
if you had a time machine and could go back to 1955 and snatch your m-3 off
the assembler's table as he finished it, it would still look dimmer compared
to the m-6.

sounds as if you have a nice camera, though. live with its peculiarities --
after nearly 50 years, it's earned the right to have some.

ctrentelman

In a message dated 9/16/01 1:09:09 AM,