Subject: [Leica] PC Super Angulon-R 28mm/Chromatic Aberration?
From: "Martin Krieger" <krieger@usc.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 07:27:25 -0700

I have had some 20x enlargements made of NPS negatives taken with the PC
Super-Angulon R 28mm.  There is clearly some chromatic aberration (objects
with green edges on one side, red on other).  Is this likely due to the
lens, or to the enlarging lens?  I cannot recall the f-stop I used, but I
suspect it was more likely to be wider open than closed down.  (People tell
me that f-stop does not affect chromatic aberration.)  [At reasonable
viewing distance the 20x30 inch prints look quite good, but close up the
image is sort-of mushy.  It is hard to see the grain, even with a loupe.]

Martin Krieger
krieger@usc.edu

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] PC Super Angulon-R 28mm/Chromatic Aberration?)