Subject: [Leica] very recent stuff
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:14:05 -0400

I've posted many photographs of the Green Leafe, my local pub here in
Williamsburg, VA, on the Leica Users Group over the past few years.  My
project is to document the small part of the world that I inhabit.  I know
many of the people I photograph, though I see few of them outside of the
environs of this place.  In any event, I find the normality of the scene
somehow bracing and perdurable--something to hold on to.  All of these are
recent.  Two I shot early in the evening of Sept. 11.

I was carrying a single, walk-around body and lens, and ran out of film
during Bush's speech.  I'd been concentrating  on the TV and the people I
was with, but when I went to rewind and reload, I glanced to my left to see
a sea of faces peering intently at the screen.  The speech ended as I
finished loading, and the crowd dispersed before I could frame the
shot.  That particular image is preserved only memory.

Chandos

Green Leafe, last couple of weeks

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown/photography/New/brewer.htm

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown/photography/New/highball.htm